Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring kiln opening


Spring Kiln opening
Blaine M. Avery
Avery Pottery and Tileworks


April 16th 9 AM- 5 PM and 17th 10AM-4PM
Selections from the gas kiln in ash glazes and salt glaze kiln.


I've been hard at work over the winter working on lots of new pots, I've been painting some new patterns and imagery that Im very excited about. Also I have some new ash glazed shapes that I have had so much fun creating! I cant wait to share it all with you.
For me the spring kiln opening is like a start of the new year, with all my new pots coming out of a warm kiln after a long cold winter nestled in the studio hard at work. As the leaves bud and the first flowers bloom my new work begins to emerge fresh from the kiln just in time for the spring kiln opening.
The Studio will be open for tours. My little boy Judson just turned five years old, he enjoys to talking to people and would love to show you around the workshop and kiln!

http://www.averypotteryandtileworks.com/
http://averypotteryandtileworks.blogspot.com/
averypottery@gmail.com
(336)873-7923

3 comments:

Linda Starr said...

That last plate is sweet, happy birthday to Judson.

Blaine M. Avery said...

Thanks Linda!!
Time flies... Five years old can't believe it! The plate, cone 10-11 reduction nothing like heat and lack of oxygen to make it all come together!

James Weller said...

I love the last plate!
It's pretty amazing how it's done.