Saturday, September 5, 2009

TESTING!!! 1-2-3


OK so mixing test glazes is probably one of my least favorite things to do in ceramics, well besides book keeping but thats the business end that i would rather not talk about no fun at all!!! I love the results but the rather tedious process is what gets me. Weighing out .025 grams of this colorant and 1 or 2 grams of another one or two then mix paint on a tile and do this over and over again it makes my brain hurt!! So I did this today lets see about 100 times!!! So now I'm done and it feels good I always love the way I feel after I'm finished and can't wait to see the results. The tests are new glazes for a new line of tiles I'm working on I'm very exited about it but it will probably be next spring until they are in full swing. I'm looking for some funky fun colors that maybe even make your eyes hurt a little!!! Look out!! I had a great day lots of folks through the shop!! And nice people too!!! Thats always nice.... Here's is to laboring on labor day weekend hope you all have a good one!!!!!
Cheers
Blaine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude - you need to get digital scales. Triple beams will in fact make you crazy with that much testing to do...........