Monday, July 20, 2009

firing the kiln......



well I haven't had much to blog about lately but that doesn't nothing has been going on. I am firing the kiln tonight almost done, here are a few images of pots in the process of being glazed and a bisque bowl with porcelain slip trailing. I have quite a few pots in this load with slip trailing that are glazed in a translucent shino. I haven't made many of these in a while I did have a few in the last load just to see how the glaze would looked since the kiln rebuild the looked great! So I made a bunch more for this firing. I love slip trailing, the feel of fluid clay dancing as I swing the slip filled syringe over the wet leather hard surface it is a wonderful tactile experience and very messy but its no fun if you don't make a mess!

1 comment:

Ron said...

Hope the firing turns out great.