Saturday, October 31, 2009

trick-or-treating!!!





Ok so I need to post this if you get tired of hearing about the kid well read somone else's Blog!!!! look away or do otherwise, No apologies here....

So we went to the little town of Robins down the road from Seagrove. It's another one of many rural towns around here. You could find a town like this any rural area of the county. You know the story textile mill closed no jobs, yada,yada,yada... But tonight the town really went all out!!! Some of the store fronts are vacant but the town was packed trick or treaters everywhere. Costume contests pumpkin carving contests trick or treating in the shops, police station, and the firefighters giving out candy in front of there fire truck!! Well I felt like I was in a Norman Rockwell painting. It made me remember why I chose to live here, you know sometimes you forget and its always nice to be reminded.
So this was sort of Judson's first Halloween last rear he just didn't get into it but this year...... He made out like bandit!! Yesterday at daycare they had a trunk-or-treat. I had never heard of this before. Cars in the parking lot giving candy out of their trunks? Kind of weird I think but it was fun. Its sort of a POWER-trick-or-treat candy grab he got so much candy!!! And after that he knew the drill and was ready for tonight!!! We met some friends that live in Robins with their two kids one is almost the same age as Judson and he just loves her. It was so much fun!!!
Alright!! I'll leave you with a few pictures and promise the next post will be all about or at least mostly about pottery!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That little mask still is scary, (hear my) loud scream!!!

JLK Jewelry said...

OOOPS, wrong log in there! Pumpkin carver here!

Blaine M. Avery said...

Jennie I was going to email you a pic of the Pumpkin surgery!!! Get it to you tomorrow K?
I thought I heard A scream?

Tracey Broome said...

Don't you just love Halloween!? Last night was the first time in 16 years we didn't go out for candy. Wesley's band played at a fundraiser/Halloween party for the Artscenter in Carrboro so we were there and then went to Franklin St. for the craziness. We used to have huge Halloween parties at our house with lots of little kids. I really miss that. Never did the trunk or treat, but some of the churches in our rural neighborhoods would do that. The kids at Wesley's school lived for those candy grabs! Judson looks so cute! I forgot to tell you, my uncle's name is Judson and I have never heard that name again until your son. I love that name.Enjoy the candy!

Blaine M. Avery said...

Tracey I got Judson's name from a book I was reading The Last American Man it's about Eustace Conway his brothers name is Judson. Eustace is sort of a back to the earth do it yourself kind of guy lived in a tepee for something like 15 years then built a log cabin. He runs a preserve called turtle island up near boon nc. Back in the early 1800 Judson was as common as joe or mike. didn't know it at the time i picked the name but Tom Gray's son's name is Judson but he goes buy Slate his middle name.