Tuesday, February 8, 2011

what's going on in the studio

It was a beautiful day here in The Grove not to cold and the sun was out keeping me smiling!
I've been working on some dinnerware orders firing them next week. So right now, Flat thats the word around here! My studio is full of plates! I'll be glazing next week that's the part that takes me the longest, somehow I think it should go faster. But it never dose. Why is that you ask? Well I know if i rush I always make mistakes so like a turtle I glaze, "slow and steady wins the race" don't you know? Looking forward to firing though. I've been in the making frame of mind for some time, feels like forever since i felt and heard the sounds of the kiln roaring! Also been working out some new things in the studio too, not ready to put them up here for the world to see quite yet, will soon though. So you better check back soon!


The sun setting on my property , I love the shadows in the winter!


Riley Lounging around the yard he loved the day too!

Like I said thing are a little flat around here, in a pot kind of way!
What a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Wonderful peek into your art world. thanks for sharing!

Blaine M. Avery said...

Glad to check back soon!