Thursday, May 21, 2009

A few kiln pix




I got some more done on the kiln yesterday and then spent the part of the day today running around Seagrove picking up some bricks at several pottery shops. I needed a few hundred bricks to finish off the chimney it's always nice to have an excuse to visit the potters around here. They have all been so nice lately with support, both moral support and in a refractory way (bricks and mortar) today. You all know who you are and I cant thank you enough, Seagrove I such a great place to live thanks to the wonderful potters.
I should get the chimney completed tomorrow and then on saturday weld the frame on the door and bracing on the chimney. Then I'll be finished!! wish me luck!!

Thats all from the grove

2 comments:

JLK Jewelry said...

Good luck! See you Sat?

Anonymous said...

good luck... it will be nice to get that virgin firing under your belt